Posting ish
Jul. 27th, 2022 08:23 pmStill here. Been busy and/or too hot. Will get to posting some photos here... soon-ish. Really.
The one good thing about having had to be outdoors during the hot and humid was that my muscles -- and esp. the right hip -- were warm enough to relax, which meant I didn't have to take as much pain meds.
Breathing though... ick.
Downstairs we pretty much kept the existing set-up, although we talked about moving the computers into the living room with the A/C (smaller room, more efficient). But then with all the going in and out of the house last week, just never got to it.
Upstairs, we moved some things around and got the television into the bedroom so that we could be in the A/C for longer per day and recover from being out in the thick air.
It feels like being in a hotel room, as we've never had one in our bedroom. When we're done for the night we turn off the power to the television and Roku -- no extra light sources, thanks! I have a tray table for my laptop that I can push against the wall at sleep time, with a black bandana laid over the end that has the power indicator.
Anyway, the extra time in A/C has been helpful to both of us, lung-wise.
Enjoyed the weather being pleasant this morning. Afternoon was still a bit of a slog, probably because we're worn down from last week's weather. But we got some stuff done, so yay.
Oh, and have now had shawerma -- there's a middle eastern food truck a couple towns over -- tasty, will eat again. The cook is a sweet person, too.
Tomorrow I have to call the immunologist to make my next shot appt. -- usually I do it while I'm still at the office, but I was hating being around people so I left.
The one good thing about having had to be outdoors during the hot and humid was that my muscles -- and esp. the right hip -- were warm enough to relax, which meant I didn't have to take as much pain meds.
Breathing though... ick.
Downstairs we pretty much kept the existing set-up, although we talked about moving the computers into the living room with the A/C (smaller room, more efficient). But then with all the going in and out of the house last week, just never got to it.
Upstairs, we moved some things around and got the television into the bedroom so that we could be in the A/C for longer per day and recover from being out in the thick air.
It feels like being in a hotel room, as we've never had one in our bedroom. When we're done for the night we turn off the power to the television and Roku -- no extra light sources, thanks! I have a tray table for my laptop that I can push against the wall at sleep time, with a black bandana laid over the end that has the power indicator.
Anyway, the extra time in A/C has been helpful to both of us, lung-wise.
Enjoyed the weather being pleasant this morning. Afternoon was still a bit of a slog, probably because we're worn down from last week's weather. But we got some stuff done, so yay.
Oh, and have now had shawerma -- there's a middle eastern food truck a couple towns over -- tasty, will eat again. The cook is a sweet person, too.
Tomorrow I have to call the immunologist to make my next shot appt. -- usually I do it while I'm still at the office, but I was hating being around people so I left.
no subject
Date: 2022-07-28 01:41 pm (UTC)I am glad you have AC and breathable air.
no subject
Date: 2022-07-28 04:24 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2022-07-29 08:49 pm (UTC)I may try some of the other things she makes next, we'll see. It depends on if she has lamb when I next make it to Shelburne Falls... I really liked the lamb.
I'm only sad I can't have the baklava. Although maybe next year, after I've had more allergy shots, I might try it. My hope is that as I get the allergies under better control my system will be better behaved overall. Not that I'm planning on going back to eating as I did when I was young -- but a little treat now and then without days of consequences would be nice.
no subject
Date: 2022-07-30 06:26 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2022-07-31 03:03 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2022-07-28 02:07 pm (UTC)But it *does* mean more business for the lovely man who owns the middle eastern restaurant in the food court at DragonCon, and that man deserves all the good things.
no subject
Date: 2022-07-28 04:24 pm (UTC)I had the chicken and Fitzw had the beef and liked it, so I'm good with getting a little more variety into our diet. And of course, happy to help support a small business.
She includes a salad (lettuce in some kind of white dressing) and a few pickle slices on top. All on a bed of rice if one's going for the GF version - turmeric/seasoned rice. Fitzw had his in a wrap, so "sandwich-style".
Fitzw hates most pickles but actually ate them, which I thought was interesting. White vinegar generally makes the hackles on his neck stand up. I wonder if something in the white dressing balances out the vinegar?
I'll try the beef next time. Last week I had the lamb, and THAT I would definitely rave about -- I think shwarma needs a bit more fat than one typically gets from chicken. So that's a thing, getting the right mix.
I hope the man at D*C gets all the good things <3
no subject
Date: 2022-07-30 06:29 pm (UTC)Was the white sauce super garlicky? It might have been toum, it might have been yogurt based, or tehine. I can't know.
Schwarma is street food. Street food, is, by design, easy to make but easier to treat ones self to. I used to get some very nice turkey shwarma.
no subject
Date: 2022-07-31 03:02 am (UTC)Anyway, in this hot weather it was nice to have food that was filling but didn't weigh me down.
no subject
Date: 2022-08-02 09:37 pm (UTC)